Risk


I always considered myself a risk taker; racing motorcycles, starting businesses, taking chances. Yet when it comes to food, I'm a geezer. MacDonald's Sausage McMuffin with Egg, Denny's Senior Omelette, and if I'm at Applebee's, I might as well not look at the menu.

Since working out of town, my coworker Mike has stretched my geezerness. Every lunch I tell him to get whatever he thinks will work. It might be Japanese with Sushi- I love that rolled up tuna thing.

My problem with Sushi is ignorance. I have no idea what's in all those things.
Fish, salad, chow mien, barbecue, chicken, he's brought it all, and never the same thing twice. I didn't even know there were that many places nearby.

Dinnertime we tried Middle eastern with hummus, tabouli and falafel. Not bad!

We tired authentic Chinese food and I mean authentic as we were provided chopsticks. The waitress, seeing our whiteness, offered us forks. Thank you very much. More authentic? The menus were written in more Chinese than English. And they offered Pig Intestine, Pig's Feet and Fish Head Soup.

No, I'm not that ambitious. Sweet and Sour Pork.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Come on! What happened to the real Kevin, that so-called Risk Taker? I want to read his reviews (head to feet) of the Pig Intestine, Pig's Feet and Fish Head Soup!

Unknown said...

Everyone draws a line between risk and crazy and mine is just below pig's intestines.
KP