The Motivational Minute




Okay, it's time to get motivated and get moving. Let's talk about goals. Do you have any goals? What are they? And are they really goals, or just dreams? Don't get to the sunset years of your life and say, "I always wanted ____." (Fill in the Blank.) Unless you made it a goal and set out to do it, then it was just a dream. For instance, maybe you'd like to sing in the church choir. You can make it a goal, but if you don't do anything about it, then it's just a fantasy. The choir director isn't going to call you out of the blue and ask you. If he does, that's a miracle.
What do you do? Make it a goal. Write it down. Put it somewhere visible. I established nine goals I wanted to accomplish in 2000. I printed them, laminated them, and put them on my bathroom mirror, at my desk, and in my wallet. How have I done? One was poorly executed (it relied on other peoples' decisions, not my own.) One is partially accomplished. One isn't accomplished at all. One I changed and accomplished, more than I imagined. Four others were achieved.
One goal was to get a black belt in Tai-Kwan-Do with my youngest son Jonathan. We both did it! What a great honor to receive our black belts together that night.
Another goal was to write a book and get it published. I have an illustration from my first book on my computer wallpaper. When I look at it, it says to me; "You are an author. You wrote and published that book." It also says, "Sell the book!" Now, it is actually a subconscious thing, as it has been on the screen for years.
So set a goal. Or five. Why five? For the five areas of your life; spiritual, physical, job, money, family. The picture to the left is an example of what one could write for five gaols.
Wouldn't you like to improve in every area? Give it a shot. You'll be amazed at the results.

No comments: