Attitude- finally!


I'm a big believer in positive attitude. However, the last three years have been difficult, as ParsonsWalls, the construction company my brother, dad, and I founded in 1973, was forced to liquidate due to the econominc downturn. At the peak, we were rockin' it in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Hmm. Those are the worst three states hit with the Great Recession. How did we miss Florida? Just lucky, I guess.
So, for three years, my attitude has been pretty poor. It's tough to watch your lifetime achievements go up in smoke. Every day to go into the yard, watching it fill with idle equipment, then watching it empty as the pieces get sold off one at a time. The questions, particulalry this one, "So, now what are you going to do?" are tough. The answer, "My wife asks me that all the time," don't really help much either.
Okay, three years of pity party. The Bible in Ecclesiastes, states, "There is a time for everything under heaven... a time to weep, a time to rejoice..." So, weeping is good for a time. Have yourself a good cry, Kevin. There, there, let it all out... okay, that's enough... two years... let it out...all right, three years... Okay, that's enough already! STOP!
The last step of grief is acceptance, and I'm pretty sure I've been there, finally. So now what? And what triggered it?
Last week I attended the Las Vegas Writer's Conference, and it was inspiring. Judi Moreo particularly stirred the crowd, as she is an inspirational speaker and writer. And what do you know? I'm jazzed! I am excited about what the future brings. I'm happy to be a writer and adventurer, and looking forward to doing some fun and interesting things. What things? You'll have to stay tuned. Hints? Speaking, travelling, writing, meeting people, and doing things I've wanted to do for a long time, some as long as 41 years. Now I have the time.
It's great to be unemployed.